Labradors are natural-born retrievers, but some have more talent for it than others. However, with a little training, most lab puppies gain the skills to fetch and retrieve easily. Some common issues Labrador owners face during games of fetch include their puppy:
- Becoming bored of the game after a few throws.
- Being a ball thief and refusing to come back with the ball.
- Bringing the ball halfway and then skirting them.
- Returning with the ball, but then refusing to part with it.
- Dropping the ball before making it back.
Different methods of training are more effective than others depending on the behavior of your puppy. With a little patience, fetch can be an excellent way to have fun with your puppy and give him the exercise he needs.