There are so many dog friendly places in San Francisco. In fact, San Francisco was ranked in the top 10 cities for outdoor pet friendliness. However, there's sooo much more fun you can have with your pup, so we put together a list of our personal favorite dog friendly places in San Francisco including parks, restaurants (brunch anyone), hikes and, of course, bars! Scroll to the bottom for an interactive map with every spot listed in this post!
Dog Friendly Hikes in SF
Bernal Heights Park
- Originally part of a 4,446-acre land grant awarded to José Cornelio de Bernal, a soldier in Juan Bautista de Anza’s 1776 expedition, Bernal Heights Park now provides visitors with a breathtaking 360-degree panorama and clear views of San Francisco Bay, the Golden Gate Bridge, downtown, San Bruno Mountain, and the hills of the East Bay. These windswept slopes are still sunny when Twin Peaks is shrouded in afternoon fog. Lands End Trail
- Soak in the beautiful views of the rugged California coastline, wildflowers, and possibly some wildlife. Stop along the way at Baker Beach or China Beach to let your pup take a quick slash in the water! Mount Sutro Open Space Reserve
- Leashed dogs are welcome to enjoy the more than five miles of trails at Mount Sutro Open Space Reserve. The reserve is home to a forest more than 100 years old along with many varieties of birds and other wildlife. Grandview Park
- Featuring outstanding views, a small network of trails, and a dune plant community, Grandview Park is a favorite for locals and visitors. The majority of the climb is made up of wooden stairs while the short trail around the top of the hill is made up of soft soil.
Dog Friendly Parks in SF
- Located near San Francisco's Mission District and the Castro, this park has an off-leash area that is popular with dog owners and their furry friends. You can also join the crowds for a picnic in the main area of the park. Alamo Square Park
- Small but friendly, it's a great place to take your pet for some fresh air and take in stunning views of the city. Crissy Field
- Your dog will love the sand and surf at this designated off-leash beach. Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy the day running around and splashing in the water! Fort Funston
- Located on Skyline Blvd, Fort Funston is one of the best places to bring your dog for an entire day of fun. With loads of open space, your dog can run free, walk the natural trails and hang out by the beach areas. Golden Gate Park
- Golden Gate Park is San Francisco's largest and most popular pet-friendly parks. There are four separate off-leash areas where you and your pup can play, go for a run or simply take a look at the nature around you!
Dog Friendly Brunch Restaurants in SF
- Zazie in Cole Valley is a great place for a leisurely and decadent brunch out on a beautiful dog friendly patio! Mission Rock Resort
- This massive duplex gastropub in the Mission Bay is great for beautiful views of the ocean and being outdoors! You will see tons of Giants fans here with their pups. Café Flore
- Located in the Castro, Café Flore is an indispensable part of the neighborhood and perfect for an outdoor brunch with your pup. The Brixton
- This is a stylish indoor / outdoor neighborhood gastropub in the Marina known for great brunches, craft cocktails, beer & wines on tap.
Dog Friendly Bars in SF
- Stop by El Rio’s, a local Mission dive bar, to play some outdoor pool while you enjoy a margarita and your pup enjoys a drink of water. Bender's Bar & Grill
- Bender's is a Mission neighborhood bar with two pool tables, a back patio, juke box, and some of the best tot-chos and fried pickles in town. Your pup is welcome to join the fun and indulge in homemade dog treats! Churchill
- The WWII-inspired space at Churchill, located near Duboce Triangle, makes for a fancier dog-friendly outing. Park Chalet Coastal Beer Garden
- The lawn at Park Chalet is a crowded outdoor locations, but if your dog is super friendly, it's the perfect spot to lay out a picnic blanket, drink beer, and listen to live music. Park Chow
- In between the outdoor tables and the official inside area of Park Chow is a four-table indoor/outdoor patio area that's heated and is the perfect spot to grab a casual drinks with some pals and your pup.
If you find yourself out and about in SF with your pup, but don't happen to be lucky enough to be in one of these dog friendly places in San Francisco, book a walk with a Wag! San Francisco dog walker
while you shop, or eat. They'll appreciate it far more than being left outside alone...