Do you have a busy lifestyle but would like to have a furry companion to share your home? The domestic shorthair cat may be just who you are looking for.
Low maintenance, friendly, and wearing a perpetual smile, the domestic shorthair cat is a breed that fits in just about anywhere. Wag! will tell you everything you need to know about domestic shorthair cats and help you decide whether this feline is your next furever friend!
https://wagwalking.com/wag-healthfor a recommendation of kitty kibble.
Train your clever cat 🐾
It has been said that the Domestic Shorthair cat is one of the smartest felines around. Think about teaching them tasks with these tips:
- Work on one command at a time. Once your cat has the task down pat, you can move on to the next. Try teaching your cat to sit the same as you would your dog.
- Use cat-safe tasty treats as motivation for training. Remember, cats can gain weight if they eat too much. Keep the treats small and healthy.
- Cats can be taught to fetch and may even do it on their own. Purchase a catnip mouse and see how often your feline friend brings it back to you. The scent and shape are sure to catch your cat’s attention.
- Work with your cat’s mood. One of the most endearing things about cats is their independence. When they come to you, take advantage of the opportunity to play with them and train.
- Don’t make training a negative experience. If you punish them or lack patience, you may lose their cooperation altogether.