If your little guy has gotten into something, you can tell he’s not feeling well. You may notice him throwing up, gagging, or even having bouts of diarrhea. This is a time to have him rest, empty that tummy, and recycle with hydration and nutrition after several hours.
You know your little friend is not feeling well. Maybe he ate too much or maybe what he ate is not agreeing with him. Puppies who drink from standing water or puddles can get bacteria in the gut causing pain, discomfort, vomiting, and diarrhea. With a number of things that could happen, when you know he's just not feeling well but isn't in danger of having ingested a toxin, you can help him feel better by cleaning out his tummy and starting bland foods for easy digestion.