The Mary E. Robinson Playground Off-Leash Dog Area is an unfenced property managed by the town of Brookline, in Massachusetts United States. Going from a car barn lot for the Boston Elevated Railway Company in the 1890s, Mary E. Robinson Playground was eventually sold to the town as a playground area in 1939 by owners Edward H. and Elizabeth B. Hill.
The property has new irrigation system and field, installed with funds from the Community Development Block Grant in 2001. The unfenced, off-leash dog park is available for both residents and non-residents, in exchange for an annual fee.
Owners who wish to purchase daily passes to the Mary E. Robinson Playground Off-Leash Dog Area can do so by going to the Brookline Clerk's office. This dog-friendly area can be accessed from Cypress and Franklin streets and is situated just one lot from the Walnut Place conservation.
The surrounding edges feature tree lines, sloped sections, two sides lined with houses and two with streets. There are plenty of facilities available on-site, including a youth baseball/softball infield and a paved basketball court. Owners can also unleash their pets on the playground's grassy lawn, which has a shaded area in its northwest corner. Mature trees surround the entire perimeter of the location.
The ground at the Mary E. Robinson Playground Off-Leash Dog Area is full of grass, so dogs can enjoy running around off-leash and socializing with the other animals nearby. However, owners are reminded to maintain complete control over their furry companions, both visually as well as auditory, at all times.
Furthermore, visitors need to pick up after their dogs and dispose of the bags in the designated containers around the area. The property also features signs marking the off-leash zones as well as the operating hours. Bring your dog for a chance to run around in grassy lawn and exercise alongside them at the Mary E. Robinson Playground Off-Leash Dog Area in Massachusetts.